Search This Blog

Friday, August 29, 2014

Taco Soup

This recipe can be altered in so many ways! I always call it "poverty soup" because honestly, I just use what I have available in my house and throw things together. It never tastes the same twice. This is why I figured I would post the actual recipe on here so I can go off of the real thing now and then. Sometimes I use tomato paste if I want more of a chili-like or spaghetti sauce texture to throw on top of pasta, and sometimes I just use cans of stewed tomatoes. It all varies. The actual soup, if the recipe is actually followed, always tastes THE best. YUM yum yum!! I would have to say this is my favorite meal of all time....you just can't go wrong with a bowl of Taco Soup!

Taco Soup

  • 1Ib (I always do less) ground beef
  • 1- 15 ounce can stewed tomatoes (any flavor)
  • 1 - 15 ounce can stewed tomatoes (Mexican flavor)
  • 1 - 15 ounce can stewed/diced tomatoes (any flavor)
  • 1 large onion (chopped)
  • 1 - 1 1/4 ounce package of taco seasoning
  • 1 - 1 1/4 ounce package ranch dressing mix
  • 1 - 15 ounce can hot chili beans
  • 1 - 15 ounce can pinto beans
  • 1 - 15 ounce can whole kernel corn
  • 1 can green chilis
Brown the meat and onions together and drain. Mix the taco seasoning mix and ranch dressing mix into the meat (optional). Add all other ingredients without draining. Simmer for about an hour (if you can't wait this long turn up the heat, just don't let the bottom burn!)

Serve hot, topped with sour cream, cheese, avocado, nacho chips (all optional!)

Your tummy will thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment