Search This Blog

Friday, August 29, 2014

Vanilla Buttercream Frosting (Easy!)

In the past i've tried making butter cream frostings, but unfortunately due to my bad luck or inexperience they came out a complete disaster. I was really nervous about putting this one to the test but it came out magnifico! It is seriously addicting and the easiest frosting you could ever make. I don't want to lose it. I'll be using it for everything. Below is a photo of my very first cupcake. Oh my, what have I started? A new addiction!



EASY Vanilla Buttercream Frosting (3 ingredients)

  • 1 cup (8 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
  • OPTIONAL (food coloring)
Using the wire whisk attachment of your stand mixer, whip the butter for 5 minutes, stopping to scrape the bowl once or twice.

Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the powdered sugar. Once all of the powdered sugar is incorporated, increase the speed to medium-high and add the vanilla, mixing until incorporated. Whip at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes, scraping the bowl as needed.

You may have to refrigerate it to stiffen it up a bit before decorating.

Store any unused buttercream in the fridge or freezer and let come to room temperature before using again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment